Our PE curriculum at Ashcombe enables children to participate and develop their own physical skills and strategies according to their own physical strengths and abilities. We are always keen to offer opportunities to compete against children in other schools and in a range of sporting opportunities. We follow an online PE scheme of work from Key PE Sport www.keypesports.com This enables us to ensure progression from our reception pupils to year 6. Our lessons encourage at least one hour of outdoor PE per week and one hour of indoor PE per week.
PE AT ASHCOMBE
Our aims are to:
- Involve our pupils in the continuous process of planning, performing and evaluating all areas of activity
- Provide activities in which all children may participate with enjoyment
- Provide appropriate opportunities for competitive challenge
- Encourage the development of positive attitudes and a healthy lifestyle
- Ensure safe practice during physical activity
- All staff at Ashcombe aim to promote and encourage sportsmanship, team spirit and the need to improve performance through healthy physical activity
The National Curriculum requires all children leaving Primary School are able to swim at least 25 metres.
At Ashcombe Primary School we believe swimming is a hugely important life skill, which is why we are aiming to offer all children the opportunity to learn water safety and gain confidence in the water whilst learning to swim during their time at school. Currently our children learn to swim in years 4 and 5.
Track and Field Event at Hutton Moor
We're very proud of this crew of sportsmen and women who competed against local schools in a tournament today at Hutton Moor.
The children competed in a range of track and field events including triple jump, javelin and a range of relay races.
The children enjoyed the morning and were first class ambassadors for our school. Excellent behaviour and commitment was displayed by them all and they were extremely tired by the end of it!
North Somerset Inter School Athletics Event