Remote Learning Plan
This plan is designed to prepare staff for supporting families with remote learning in the event of disruption to in-school learning.
What the school will provide:
All year groups provision to be provided through Microsoft Teams.
- Live morning check in from teaching staff
- Live assembly from senior staff member
- Assignments set for the day’s lessons.
- Live drop in help desk for support with work.
- Lessons will have a recorded instruction from one of the year group’s teachers.
- Feedback will be provided to assignments submitted onto Teams assignments.
Teaching staff and support staff should be prepared to take laptops and/or webcams back with them to support home learning in the event of a school closure.
Pupils with EHCPs or significant learning additional needs will have bespoke material provided for them by their teacher and supported by 1:1 staff. This may be a prepepared pack of materials to work on with a live check in from their teacher.
All teaching and support staff should attend the morning check in. Live help desks should be manned by a minimum of two members of teaching staff but
In the event of extended disruption to school lasing more than 3 days. Phone calls home should be made to children not attending the live check ins.
If there is sufficient notice before a school closure, electronic devices will be supplied to families who need one but parents/carers must sign a loan agreement form before taking away a computer.
We will not be able to distribute devices to parents if extreme weather or insufficient staffing makes transport too difficult.